UNIZIK 2nd Tier Postgraduate Admission Form For 2019/2020 Session
UNIZIK 2nd Tier Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2019/2020 session is out. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for full-time or part-time admissions into the postgraduate programmes of Nnamdi Azikiwe University for the 2019/2020 academic year. Cost is N10,000. Sales of form ends 31st December 2019.
For Available Programmes, CLICK HERE
The following new programmes are also available in the second tier:
1. PGD, MSc and PhD in Crop Sciences
2. Department of Linguistics- M.Clinical Linguistics in Linguistics(split study domiciliation in Faculty of Arts/ Faculty of Medicine)
3. Department of Theatre Arts
4. Department of Geological Sciences-MSc in Integrated Water Resources Management (IRWM)
5. Department of Accountancy- MPhil/PhD
6. Department of Co-operative Economics and Management- MPhil/PhD
7. Department of Marketing- MPhil/PhD
8. Department of Psychology- M.Eap in Employee Assistance Programme.
9. Department of Psychology- MSc and PhD in Rehabilitation Psychology.
- MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO,NABTEB or TCII (Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
3.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
3.1 POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
3.1.1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
3.1.2. Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
3.2. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into Masters Programmes:
3.2.1 Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
3.2.2 Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
3.3 DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities that do not use the FCGPA
- DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES
4.1 Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme: minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time: minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time: minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time: minimum of six (6) Semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
4.2 Master Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes : minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. Part-time programme : minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters
4.3 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Full-Time PhD programmes : minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. Part-Time programme: minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
5.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
5.1 Application form should be completed on-line by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Click on “Create Account” to Create a new account,
- Fill the form and click on “Submit”
- An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed. Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1, 000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
To confirm payment:
- Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”
- Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
- Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
5.2 Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
5.3 Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
5.4 Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
5.5 PhD applicants in submitting their forms shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Name of Applicant
- Proposed Department and Faculty
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
Closing Date: Sale of form for Second Tier ends on 31st December 2019.
Dr Ifeyinwa F. Anolue
School of Postgraduate Studies